As I grew up, I knew I wanted a job that was different every day and where I could help people in times of stress. Since I wasn’t a math guy being a doctor was out, so I decided to be a lawyer. Becoming a lawyer was not easy, but once I take on a challenge, I don’t back down.
I apply the same philosophy towards practicing as a lawyer. I make it my job to pay careful attention to each client, to not only guide each one through the legal process, but make sure every decision made is an informed decision.
Robert L. Caplan is an experienced Columbus bankruptcy and family law attorney who has helped individuals central Ohio families since 1994. I help people file for debt relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Bankruptcy is a federal law allowing individuals to discharge his or her liabilities and get a fresh start. Debt relief is only a phone call away. I can help you get started.
By filing a bankruptcy you can:
- Stop harassing phone calls
- Stop garnishments
- Stop lawsuits and prevent the filing of new ones
- Stop bank account attachments
- Stop collection activities
- Discharge debts such as credit cards, medical bills and others
- Prevent the shutoff of utilities and discharge utility arrearages
Provided you qualify, there are two types of consumer bankruptcies that individuals and families can file. One is a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and the other is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
Family law is any case dealing with divorce, uncontested divorce, dissolution, child custody or visitation. I am an experienced lawyer who can guide you through the process for a reasonable price. I can help people who:
- Need a Court order to establish rules
- Have lived separate and apart and need to "make it official"
- Don't think they can afford to get divorced
- Believe they can only get divorced if their spouse goes to court
GIVE ME A CALL....Why pay more than you should??
Areas Of Practice
- Custody & Visitation
- Bankruptcy Law (Chapter 7 & 13)
- Child Support
- Family Law
- Ohio, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1994
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: Order of the Curia
- Honors: Dean's List
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Journalism
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, 1994 to Present
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity